San Antonio Race Discrimination Attorney
Race discrimination exists when an employer, supervisor or co-worker deliberately discriminates against an employee because of their race.
Some examples of race discrimination include:
- Calling someone derogatory name
- Telling racists jokes
- Not being hired because of race
- Not being promoted because of race
If you have reported racist behavior in the workplace and your employer does nothing, the company’s failure to act can constitute evidence of race discrimination.
People living and working in San Antonio, Texas are protected from race discrimination through various laws.
Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and subsequent amendments and corresponding provisions in the Texas Labor Code set up the general protections for employees in the workplace.
The Texas Labor Code, Section 21.051, identifies when an employer commits an unlawful employment practice, because of race, color, disability, religion, sex, national origin or age, when the employer:
- Fails or refuses to hire an individual, discharges an individual, or discriminates in any other manner against an individual in connection with compensation, or the terms, conditions, or privileges of employment; or
- Limits, segregates, or classifies an employer or applicant for employment in a manner that would tend to deprive an individual of any employment opportunity, or adversely affects in any other manner, the status of the employee.
Race / Color / National Origin Discrimination Lawyer
You can rely on my experience with race discrimination cases to protect your rights and interests, whether the discrimination you experienced was based on your nation of origin, your ethnic-linked appearance, the race of your spouse, or another race-associated characteristic.
Contact Our San Antonio Race Discrimination Lawyer Today
If you believe you have been discriminated against because of your race, contact my office at 210-690-2200 or 1-800-531-9349 for a free case evaluation.