My firm has represented employees and executives for close to 30 years in a wide range of employment related matters in State Court, Federal Court and in Arbitration. I also help negotiate severance agreements to maximize any potential severance you might be able to obtain. I also provide consultations to assist you in evaluating what your employment rights are, as well as strategies and plans of action if you might be terminated, or have been terminated. Consultations are also available to answer your questions about your particular employment circumstances, and to review any documents related to your employment, or pre-employment, including: employment contracts; covenants not to compete; confidentiality agreements and non-solicitation agreements among others. You may also have questions about overtime, whether or not you are classified as an hourly employee or a salaried employee.
Jeffrey A. Goldberg is an AV-Rated Preeminent Employment Attorney
- AV Preeminent Rating–Martindale Hubbell ™Peer Review Ratings are the gold standard in attorney ratings and have been from 1999 – 2017.
- An AV Preeminant rating is the highest rating and attorney can receive from his or her peers for
professional excellence for their legal knowledge, communication skills and ethical standards.
- Board Certified–Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 1994
- Licensed in State and Federal Court since 1989. Extensive court and jury trial experience in both State and Federal Court representing individuals in employment matters.
- Speaker on employment law issues.
- B.A., Political Science, The University of Texas at Austin, 1982
- J.D., St. Mary’s University School of Law, 1989
- Supreme Court of Texas – 1989
- S. District Court for the Northern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- State Bar of Texas by the Supreme Court of the State of Texas
- San Antonio Bar Association
- An avid athlete and competitor in triathlons and cycling races throughout the State of Texas. Also enjoys golf, traveling and spending time with his family.
Awards and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in Texas Woodward/White Inc 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2019
- The Best Law Firm in Texas Woodward/White Inc.Litigation, Labor, Employment Law 2015
- The Best Lawyer in Texas Woodward/White Inc.Individual 2011
- San Antonio’s Best Lawyer, Scene in SA 2017, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009 and 2008
- BBB, Rated an A+ by the Better Business Bureau
- AVVO, Received a 10, the highest rating
- Principal – The Law Office of Jeffrey A. Goldberg 1995-Present
- Litigator – Foster Heller & Kilgore 1990-1995
- Associate Attorney – Thornton Summers Biechlin Dunham & Brown 1989-1990